We are the Victorian branch of Museums Australia – the national association for the museum and gallery sector.
Our professional services for the Victorian museum and gallery communities include:
- Assistance with accreditation, training, and exhibition needs.
- The Victorian Museums & Galleries Conference and the Victorian Museums & Galleries Forum.
- A pathway to better practices and recognition for museums through the Museum Accreditation Program (MAP).
- Victorian Collections – a free, easy to use, online cataloguing system.
- The Roving Curator Program to help museums and galleries develop engaging and dynamic exhibitions.
- The Green Museum Project – practical training on preventive conservation and environmental sustainability practices.
- 4 issues per year of our Victorian member magazine, INSITE.
- Weekly issues of our member e-bulletin.
- Events, workshops and seminars for museum volunteers and paid staff across the state.
- Training opportunities that reflect the National Standards for Australian Museums and Galleries.
We represent and provide programs for over 500 members across the state.