Museums Australia (Victoria) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, and an Incorporated Association. We generate 33% of our operating budget through our programs and services, and receive funding through two Victorian State Government agencies.
- Arts Victoria provides our core operational funding on a triennial basis
- Multimedia Victoria Collaborative Internet Innovation Fund, Museum Victoria, the Department of Business and Innovation (DBI) and Dell support Victorian Collections
We also have a number of other valued Supporters and Partners.
- Museum Victoria generously provides us with premium office space at Melbourne Museum as well as IT Helpdesk and other support
- Public Galleries Association of Victoria (PGAV)
- National Exhibition Touring Support Victoria (NETS Victoria)
The Victorian Museum Awards are supported by our Gold Partners:
Museums Australia (Victoria) Partners
Museums Australia (Victoria) is working in partnership with Museum Victoria to develop Victorian Collections, a new online collections catalogue. This is possible due to a generous grant received from the Department of Business and Innovation (DBI), as part of the Collaborative Internet Innovation Fund (cIIF). DELL has also donated five ICT field kits to use for catalogue training purposes.