Museums Australia (Victoria) offers an annual program of events, workshops, seminars and forums.
Legal Requirements for Collections [Past Event]
Tue 19 Sep, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This seminar will look at the legislation which governs a variety of objects in collections, such as: copyright laws, items from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the public records act, shipwreck artefacts, firearms and hazardous substances.
- Andrew Armstrong, Senior Sergeant, Compliance Enforcement – Firearms, Licensing & Regulation Division, Victoria Police
- Simon Crocker, A/ Senior Heritage Policy Officer, Heritage Policy and Planning, Aboriginal Victoria
- Carly Godden, Community Archives Officer, Public Record Office Victoria
- Dr Janine Major, Transition Project Manager-Secretariat, Victorian Aboriginal Heritage Council
- Maryanne McCubbin, Acting Director, Division of Research and Collections, Museums Victoria
- Annie Muir, Heritage Curator, Heritage Victoria
- Bernadette O'Farrell, Senior Officer, Legislation and Policy, Public Record Office Victoria
- Peter Waldie, Legal & Risk Manager, Museums Victoria
The training also includes morning tea, lunch and a guided tour of the MAP accredited Geoffrey Kaye Museum of Anaesthetic History.
Image: homeopathic kit, from the collection of Geoffrey Kaye Museum of Anaesthetic History
VenueAustralian & New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
630 St Kilda Road