MA (Vic)’s Exhibition Services assists Victorian collecting organisations to develop high quality static and touring exhibitions for diverse audiences through the Roving Curator Program, advice provision, and training.
Roving Curator Program
The Roving Curator Program is an initiative by Museums Australia (Victoria) to help museums and galleries develop engaging and dynamic exhibitions. The program offers an exhibitions professional (Roving Curator) to work with successful applicants on an exhibition-related project. Support provided includes several days on-site assistance and follow-up advice.
The Roving Curator Program aims to help communicate stories about Victorian communities and cultural collections to a broad audience.
Aims and Objectives
- Enhance community engagement with the rich cultural history in Victoria.
- Support museums, public galleries, archives and libraries to develop static and touring exhibitions.
- Support projects that incorporate historical or cultural heritage including art, science, social and natural history.
- Help museums and galleries build sustainable capacity for the presentation of quality exhibitions in regional Victoria.
- Provide metropolitan and regional communities with increased opportunities to participate in cultural experiences.
- Provide networking opportunities to support metropolitan and regional museums, historical societies and local government to collaborate on exhibitions.
Applications for the 2017 Roving Curator Program will open on 18 August 2016 and close on 18 October 2016, 5pm.
For further information about the Roving Curator Program, please contact Kitty Owens, Manager, Exhibition Services.
Advice and Training
The aim of the program is to empower museums and galleries to embark on independent exhibition activities whether static or touring. Exhibition Services can provide guidance on:
- Planning for exhibition spaces.
- Programming and installation of museum exhibitions.
- Marketing, funding, and evaluating exhibitions.
This is implemented through telephone and email advice, and professional development opportunities including training and networking events.
MA (Vic) also offers a range of on-demand workshops in various areas of museum operation.
For more information, please contact:
Kitty Owens, Manager, Exhibition Services
Telephone: (03) 8341 7342
Regional freecall: 1800 680 082
Exhibition Services is supported by the Victorian Government through Creative Victoria.