Our Exhibition Services Program supports Victorian collecting organisations to develop high quality exhibitions for diverse audiences through the Roving Curator Program and through provision of advice and training.
Roving Curator Program
The Roving Curator Program helps museums and galleries develop engaging and dynamic exhibitions. The program offers an exhibitions professional (Roving Curator) to work with successful applicants on an exhibition-related project. Support provided includes several days on-site assistance and follow-up advice.
The Roving Curator program aims to:
- Communicate stories about Victorian communities and cultural collections to a broad audience.
- Support museums, public galleries, historical societies, community collecting groups, and libraries to build sustainable capacity for the presentation of quality exhibitions, in both metropolitan and regional Victoria.
- Support projects that incorporate historical or cultural heritage including art, science, social and natural history.
- Provide Victorian communities with increased opportunities to participate in cultural experiences.
- Provide networking opportunities to support metropolitan and regional museums, historical societies, and local government to collaborate on exhibitions.
Applications for the 2018 Roving Curator Program will open on 17 August 2017 and close on 16 October 2017, 5pm.
Advice and Training
Exhibition Services can provide advice on:
- Planning for exhibition spaces.
- Developing and presenting exhibitions.
- Marketing, funding, and evaluating exhibitions.
Advice is provided via telephone and email, and through professional development opportunities including training and networking events.
MA (Vic) also offers a range of on-demand workshops in various areas of museum operation.
For more information, please contact:
Kitty Owens, Manager, Exhibition Services
Telephone: (03) 8341 7342
Regional freecall: 1800 680 082
Image: 'Styles of the 1970s' exhibition at the Benalla Historical Society. The exhibition was designed and curated with the support of MA (Vic)'s Roving Curator Program. Photo: Joel Checkley.
The Exhibition Services Program is supported by the Victorian Government through Creative Victoria.