Benefits for Victorian Members
- exclusive weekly e-bulletin
- free telephone advisory service
- forums, lectures and seminars on current museum issues
- INSITE magazine – 5 issues per year
- Museums Australia Magazine – national news
- resources and advice on museum standards and practices
- training in museum practice
- convey the needs of your sector to government agencies and policy makers
- exchange information and ideas about your specific museum interests through national networks and special interest groups
- take part in unique cultural and behind-the-scenes tours
- network at branch events
- discounted entry to our forums, seminars and workshops
- discounted tickets to the Victorian Museum Awards celebrations
- reduced Museum Accreditation Program (MAP) fees
- reduced Museums Australia Conference fees
- reduced prices on publications purchased through our National Office
- tax-deductible membership fees
Types of Membership
Individual membership is open to independent practitioners and anyone with an interest in or an association with museums, art museums, public galleries, keeping places, contemporary art spaces, craft councils, artist-run initiatives, botanical gardens, zoos, historic houses, interpretation centres or any other collecting institution.
Individual membership can be at Gold or Silver level. Gold membership is $187 per year and receives up to 50% off Victorian events. Silver membership is $143 per year with up to 25% off Victorian events. Associate participation is for those who have an interest in museums and wish to join a Special Interest Group.
Institutional membership is open to organisations involved in the administration of museums, institutions that teach courses relevant to museum practice, and institutions that hold collections of cultural material and support the aims and code of ethics of Museums Australia.
Institutional membership is priced according to the size of your organisation and staff receive up to 50% discounts on Victorian events. Membership starts at $121 annually for volunteer-run museums.
Please contact Raphael Fiorese, Manager, Membership & Fundraising, for further information.