We offer unique guided tours, talks by specialists, on-demand training, and other opportunities to do with museum and gallery practice.
Our program is for museum professionals, volunteers, and others with an interest in museums.
We meet the needs of small organisations by providing workshops on-demand. These provide an introduction to museum practices and issues. They’re also a way to refresh or update knowledge acquired from prior training and experience.
Choose from a range of topics:
- business planning
- care of photographs and negatives
- caring for textiles
- caring for your collections
- conservation planning
- disaster planning
- exhibition design – art
- exhibition design – social history exhibitions
- exhibitions: from concept development to delivery
- grant writing
- significance assessment
- storage, handling and movement of objects
- writing labels
On-demand training can be provided in Victoria’s regional centres and metropolitan Melbourne.
Contact us to discuss your training needs.