Museums Australia (Victoria) offers an annual program of events, workshops, seminars and forums.
Victorian Collections Day [Past Event]
Tue 11 Sep, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
A full day of information and workshops aimed at the community collecting sector to help you achieve the best care for your collection.
Hear from museum and gallery industry experts on topics including collection management, conservation and exhibition skills. Talks will cover ways to approach these topics with small budgets in mostly volunteer organisations, ideal for the small-medium groups who use VC to catalogue their collections.
This year, key topics include:
- Grant writing success stories
- Social media and community development
- Visitor engagement and storytelling
- Repatriation of Aboriginal artefacts
- Attracting new audiences through collaborations
Attendees will also choose from a number of concurrent workshops. The options and registration links have been provided below:
- Option 1: Collection Policy Health Check (fully booked)
- Option 2: Developing Exhibitions and the Roving Curator Program (fully booked)
- Option 3: Simple Techniques to Capture Good Catalogue Images (fully booked)
- Option 4: Ask a Conservator (fully booked)
- Option 5: A GLAM Guide to Editing Wikipedia - Register here
VenueState Library of Victoria
328 Swanston Street
Melbourne VIC 3000