Join / Renew
Joining Museums Australia is a great way to get involved in the sector and to support the diverse community of Victorian museums, galleries, and collecting organisations. Members enjoy a multitude of benefits.
Information & Professional Development
- Four issues per year of INSITE, the Museums Australia (Victoria) magazine.
- Two issues per year of the national Museums Australia Magazine.
- A weekly e-bulletin of news, events, and funding opportunities.
- Regular emails with the latest jobs in the sector.
- Up to 50% off Museums Australia (Victoria)’s professional development seminars, training workshops, and other events.
- Discounted registration fees for the Museums Australia National Conference, the Victorian Museums & Galleries Conference, and the Victorian Museums & Galleries Forum.
- Free telephone advisory service.
- Resources and advice on museum standards and practices.
- Convey the needs of your sector to government agencies and policy makers.
- Exchange information and ideas about your specific museum interests through National Networks (formerly, 'Special Interest Groups').
- Take part in exclusive cultural and behind-the-scenes tours.
- Network at branch events.
- Free or discounted entry to participating museums and galleries, including the National Gallery of Victoria, ACMI, Museums Victoria, Burrinja Cultural Centre, Heide Museum of Modern Art, and many others.
- Up to 50% off Museums Australia (Victoria)'s seminars and workshops.
- Discounted registration to the Victorian Museum Awards, the Victorian Museums & Galleries Conference, the Victorian Museums & Galleries Forum, and the National Conference.
- Reduced Museum Accreditation Program (MAP) fees.
- Reduced prices on publications purchased through our National Office.
- Discount on individual membership for your volunteers and employees.
- Discounted rates to list your vacant positions on the Museums Australia Jobs Listing.
- Tax-deductible membership fees.
A full list of membership benefits is available on our National Office website.
Types of Membership
Individual membership is open to independent practitioners and anyone with an interest in, or an association with, museums, art museums, public galleries, keeping places, contemporary art spaces, craft councils, artist-run initiatives, botanical gardens, zoos, historic houses, interpretation centres or any other collecting institution. Individual membership starts at $80.
Organisational membership is open to museums, galleries, institutions that teach courses relevant to museum practice, and institutions that hold collections of cultural material and support the aims and code of ethics of Museums Australia. Organisational membership is priced according to your organisation's annual operational budget and staff receive up to 50% discounts on Victorian events. Organisational membership starts at $143.
Please contact our Office Coordinator Cindy if you have any enquiries regarding membership of Museums Australia.