May 23, 2018
The Latest Issue of INSITE is Out
This issue is on the theme ‘Research’ and features articles that reflect the different types of research going on in museums and galleries that each play an important role and enrich the value of collections to researchers and the public.
The May-July 2018 issue of INSITE magazine has arrived in members' mailboxes.
The issue focuses on the theme ‘Research' and includes articles from:
- Anne Rowland (Art Gallery of Ballarat) on her research into the provenance of a large bequest
- Eugenia Pacitti (PhD candidate) on her research about how medical specimens have been collected
- Diane Soumilas (Glen Eira City Council Gallery) on researching artworks for the Boyd Women exhibition
- Alice Cannon (Museums Victoria) on a research partnership project about plastics in collections
- Dr Sarah Edwards (Parliament of Victoria) on the joys and frustrations of research
- Carolyn Meehan (Museums Victoria) on audience targeting and evaluation for the Inside Out exhibition
- Amber Evangelista (Victoria Police Museum) on research for the Agents of Change exhibition
- Dr Heather (Gaunt Grainger Museum) on research outcomes about engaging older visitors
- Dr Tracy Ireland (University of Canberra) on a research project to capture the history of aviation in Australia
- A selected list of grant programs available for research projects for you to investigate
- A reminder about the upcoming Victorian Museum Awards event on 29 August, nominations close 22 June
The issue contains our regular columns including Museums News, Apps & Online, On the Move and Branch News.